maanantaina, helmikuuta 25, 2008

Clash - London Calling (1979)


Blast off. And blast it again. A definite, high-end scream and hail to the band. Period. The start of the album and the title track is what I'd call a perfect kick rock -start. Guitars, drums and the percussive bassline is kicking me to somewhere I haven't been in ages. And the next song is a brilliant rip-off of the renegades -era 60's twanging rock. Besides that the sounds are great and the band rocks, there's also the nice counter-fighting message in the lyrics.
The 3rd one, Jimmy Jazz, is more mellow, but I find it myself kicking against the bricks of comfortable jazz-lovers. Or comfortablity lovers, forget the jazz ;)
The complete album keeps on rolling from song to another, with rude rock attitude in whatever the style of the song is originally made of. The sound and touch of the band can be heard. There's a taste of reggae, ska and pure punk rock in every single song in the album.
London Calling, Cadillac, Spanish Bombs and The Guns of Brixton seem to get my feet kicking the most. Anyhow, this album gets the 5/5 Capital J:s.

JJJJJ