maanantaina, helmikuuta 25, 2008

Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982)



I remember listening this album back in 1983. For a week I sat in the library and listened Thriller and Hanoi Rocks' first (Bangkock Shocks, Saigon Shakes). Needless to say that the pure rock made the victory then. As it does now, too.

The album starts lamely. The first three songs are not that good, at least they don't kick. The Duet (Girl is Mine) with Paul McCartney is just weak. Until the title track steps in. The next three songs, Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean are great songs measured by any possible standard. Even I have to admit it. But that's only three songs out of nine, which is not too good, then.

My judgement for this legendary album is that it is more or less ok, a classic maybe, at least what comes to the selling figures, yes. But I wouldn't give more than 3½ j:s to this.

jjjj